Thursday, February 15, 2007
Lots to Say
For a change, I actually have quite a few things to write about and quite a few fun pictures. We returned this morning from being in Tyler for a few days. We buried my great grandmother. It was nice to see family that I haven't seen in a while and be in the area (Jacksonville and Gallatin) that brings back lots of wonderful childhood memories. We wished we could have been there longer. We really spent much of our time driving or getting ready. It was way too short of a trip. Valentine's Day was good. Shawn did a lot of sweet little romantic things for me this year. On V Day I woke up to get ready for the funeral and there in the bathroom was the most beautiful rose I've ever seen waiting for me with a sweet card. Good job honey! That night after we had put both girls to bed, we spur of the moment hopped in the car and headed to Walmart to get a box of chocolates to share. It just doesn't seem like V Day without some chocolate. We got some Whitman's Samplers and ate almost the whole top layer before we got back to Paul and Carolyns! (They live about 3 minutes away!) Maybe that will become a new tradition. Elle had a great time too. She ate more sugar than she's seen in a long time and we keep having to remind her that that's a grandparent thing! She also received her first haircut (about time!) and after taking a trip with Daddy to the bathroom to have a talk, she was sort of ready to get it cut. As soon as my hairdresser started cutting it she was fun, but she tried to freak out at first. It looks much better even though we only had about an inch cut off. It was time. Ava is officially 5 months old and I'll be posting pictures of that later. I will probably take her tomorrow to get weighed and measured just cause I'm curious. She threw her first official temper tantrum yesterday. She had a water bottle licking the outside and Paul needed to set it down to hand her off to me and she flipped out when he took it away and set it down. I couldn't get her calmed down for anything and she was screaming full fledged! Paul and Carolyn were witnesses and both of their eyes got about as big as saucers when she started screaming. It was pretty interesting. All I could do was laugh and bounce her till she was done. In other news, Shawn leaves very early tomorrow morning for a college retreat he's doing down in south texas. He will be gone until Sunday night so pray for his safe journey, a good retreat and that I get good sleep at night to keep up with the girls by myself. I don't mind having them alone, my problem is that I've been sleeping so bad at night because of our mattress that I am dragging all day and never feeling energized. I hate it...but maybe soon we will be able to start saving for a new mattress. I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We had so much fun playing with the girls. We always enjoy the visits. Be careful traveling son and have a successful retreat.
Whew, I am glad you did not leave the girls by themselves to go to Wal-Mart. What a relief.
Lesley, it is tempting sometimes
Thanks for the great update! Elle looked so sad to lose some hair but she is so cute anyway she looks! So is Ava and remember you did have a few tantrums!! Ha! Love, Mom
Post a Comment