Friday, October 19, 2007
My thoughtful Hubbie
Shawn knew that I had nothing new to blog about lately so he decided to give me a story to write about. Yesterday, he had a wreck. He is fine, a little stiff, but fine. His truck on the other hand, is not so fine. Here's the story. A car about 3 cars up slammed on it's brakes to turn, not using his blinker and caused the cars behind him to slam on their brakes. Everyone was able to stop with hitting anyone, except you guessed it, Shawn. He slammed on his brakes but couldn't quite stop in time. He hit the guy in front of him who luckily had a trailer hitch on the back of his vehicle. So, the other guys' vehicle wasn't damaged at all. Shawn's truck doesn't have a large amount of body damage, but under the hood is the problem. The trailer hitch went through the bumper and killed the radiator and some cooling something for the A/C. We think it caused other damage too because the car won't even try to start up at all. So, it was towed to a car place and when we went to get it yesterday, because we didn't have a good feeling about the mechanics and owner of the place, our bill just for towing it was $200 and they were going to charge another $50 to tow it 2 miles to our house. No thanks. Shawn got a friend to chain it to his truck and tow it to our house. Our insurance will cover $80 of the towing bill, but we only had liability so if we decide to get the truck (which has almost 300,000 miles) fixed, then it will all come out of pocket. So now we are in a dilemma as to what to do. But, the positive part of all this is that I had something to blog about (FYI that last statement was dripping with sarcasm). Okay another positive, he wasn't hurt and that I'm not sarcastic about!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Just glad that Shawn is ok. The other will work itself out. love you Shawn.
For having nothing to blog about I would say four in one day is pretty good. I am glad that Shawn is okay. At least he does not have a job like Joey where he has to have a truck all day.
That is really weird how it hit the perfect spot in the bumper to bust everything up! Weird....
Sorry Shawn that you got in a wreck. That's never fun or convenient. I'm glad everything is okay. Hopefully y'all can share a car for a while until Shawn gets a new one or gets that one fixed. Chad and I did it for a year!
We're glad you are OK. Only 300,000 miles?
shawn, get a bike and ride it everywhere you need to go in town. You will become famous, like that guy in tyler who ran everywhere with the american flag. You will be the bike riding preacher and everyone will come on sundays to hear you speak. yep. that is definitely what you should do.
Chad
I just saw that comment and thought...when did I write that? Use your own sign-in Chad, I don't want to be held responsible for your comments.
Post a Comment