Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nomadic Homebody

I don't know what is with me lately but I have been so restless. I have had an urge that has gotten stronger and stronger every day to just go. Where? Not sure. I just have been feeling like I'm about to explode inside. I feel like I need a change. I know I just moved and that's change but it's not the kind I'm talking about. I think it has something to do with autumn not really being here at all yet. It has been the same weather every day since July. Extremely bright sunshine and overbearing heat. I am ready to breathe fresh cold crisp air into my lungs. I am ready for the sun to look different on the trees and ground. I am ready for the leaves to start changing colors. For whatever reason, I have just been wanting to drive north lately. Not like north to Dallas, but like North with a capital N. Does anyone else ever get these restless moments? IS IT EVER GOING TO BE FALL HERE? Okay, have a great Thursday and hope the title of the post didn't confuse you too much. Wouldn't that be a great blog title?

6 comments:

Lauren Hope said...

i totally know how you feel!! i have been begging michael "let's go somewhere!" it's weird how you get that way. i wanna write an email later on this. :)

Anonymous said...

I am ready for the change too. July was so nice and now this hot weather at the end of the season is not good. I am ready for winter shoes and not sandals and I know that is weird. Have a great one. It will come and who knows it might get really cold this winter. love

Emily said...

You can always drive north to Arkansas. You know you have a place to stay. It is not too cool here yet, but I am sure it is a little cooler than central TX. Give us a week or two and it will feel great.

Lesley said...

It's feeling pretty good here. Next week we'll be getting into the low 50s at night.

Anonymous said...

You are related to me I am sure about that!!! Love, Mom

Lesley said...

Here's a weird thought: homebody and somebody look exactly the same, except for the first letter, but are said completely different! Chew on that for a while; maybe it will distract you from wanting to "drive north" as they say.