Friday, December 28, 2007

How to spend less than 24 hours on Christmas!

A rocking chair!...Nana did such a good job making a cushion for the chairs.
Ava took her shirt off and then kept pulling down her pants.
Rocking in her new rocker
Some of the haul!

Okay so Christmas wasn't exactly what I hoped for this year. The presents were wonderful (although I think there's never enough, but I bet even if I got a bazillion things, I would still want more...I know it's something I need to work on. I thought I'd grow out of that when I "grew up" but I guess I'm not grown up yet!) ANYWAY, as I was saying, the presents were all very good this year, but after we opened then we headed to Tyler for a nice 3 day vacation and time with family...so we thought! When we got there we found out that my dad had fainted earlier in the day and was extremely sick and VERY weak and probably contagious....and on top of that my sister-in-law was coming down with a mysterious illness that made her feel really bad. We went ahead and had Christmas of course, all the while washing our hands every 2.7 seconds and trying not to breathe in sick-person air. Later that night Shawn and I decided that probably it wasn't the best idea to stay in the house with major sickness, so we packed up and headed home the next morning...less than 24 hours after leaving our house. What a bummer BIG TIME. It was probably a good thing that we decided to come home early because the next morning Elle woke up with 101.9 fever and a really horrible cough. She is still fighting the cough though her fever is gone. Everyone else is healthy at this point, just a little lonely and bummed not to be spending this time with family. By the way, my sister-in-law with the mysterious illness turned out to be the flu which Shawn and I haven't had a shot for...stay tuned. Anyway, all remnants of Christmas have been packed away from this house and I'm looking forward to starting 2008 WAY better than how we are finishing 2007.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I'm sorry you didn't get to spend more time with your family. Those rocking chairs are adorable! Did you get to bring those home or are they staying at Nana's?

emma said...

We got to bring them home :) Ava loves to climb in and out of her's all day long.

Anonymous said...

It was short but real sweet..hope all of you are well by now. Dad and Shawnette are well I think and so far I have managed not to get it! Can you see my fingers crossed!! Mom