Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am FINALLY 30!

This year, my birthday has gone on and on...and I'm not complaining one bit. It started on June 30th with a surprise party, continued July 13th, with presents at camp and ended this past weekend with a visit from my parents and sister. What a blast! If this birthday is any indication of what the rest of my 30's will be like, I'm excited. Actually, I really am excited. I feel now that being in my 30's, I have a footing. I feel like I will be taken more seriously (if that's possible to take me too seriously) when I have good ideas, plans, and thoughts. I have felt like all through my 20's I was trying so hard to prove to people that though I was young, I had valid ideas. Now, I feel like I won't have to try so hard to get a little validation. Maybe I won't care as much about that...but being honest, I'm sure I will. I like validation and encouragement. Maybe I won't care so much about what people think, but being honest again, I'm a middle child and I like to please. Who knows what my 30's will hold; another baby??, another move??? (please no!), loss??, financial peace (okay maybe not peace, but not war either), contentment??, dare I say, a better body!?? Anyway, I've gotten too introspective, but I'm just keepin it real. Thanks to all of you who remembered my bday and made me feel special...I will never grow out of that need!


Onto the weekend. Actually my weekend started around Tuesday. Barbara had business in Austin from Tues-Thurs so she stayed with us at night. The girls of course couldn't get enough of her. I will say, my girls truly adore their grandparents and it hurts my heart so bad that we don't all live closer. I can't stand that they don't know all of them better. Anyway, we had a wonderful time with Gramme and as usual, it was over too quickly. But, on Friday afternoon my parents and sister came in. Friday night we headed to Gattiland which we are hooked on!--good buffet and fun games. Saturday, as a treat for my birthday, my mom, sister, and I headed shopping and to a spa. It was a WONDERFUL! day! We ate at this restaurant on the square called Down the Alley Bistro. It was really good and different food. We shopped like crazy and also went to the spa. I had a relaxation massage and pedicure. It was so nice. I could do that every week! We shopped more after the spa and came home around 8:30 to 2 kids and 2 men who were very ready for us to be home. Sunday, they came to worship with us and then we ate at Luby's which was yummy! As with Gramme, it was way too short and the girls were so sad when everyone left. I missed them so much within about 10 minutes of them leaving. I know I already said it, but I wish so much they lived close. It's unfamiliar to me to raise kids who don't see there grandparents a lot. I lived 30 minutes away from both of my grandparents and have MANY memories of being at their houses...it breaks my heart! Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend. And that brings me to the title....I believe the last card has arrived, the last gift has been given, and the last party in my honor has been thrown...I can officially say I'm 30...and proud of it! :)
The Elusive Poppy...this is how most of the pictures of him look.
Ava is into making faces lately...hilarious!




Leaving Gattiland
A scene that occurred over and over...putting lippie on the girls.


Ava is loving that carousel ride at Gattiland!
So happy!
Poppy getting tag-teamed and trying to keep up!
Random sister pic...I thought it was amazing that they were both looking and smiling! Thanks Nana for the jewelry and shirts!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gattiland is getting a lot of visits. It was a good place and I loved the veggie pizza. I am glad your weekend was great. I love the last picture of the girls they are sooooooo cute. Happy 30th one more time.

Lauren Hope said...

i like your comments about 30. i have heard that in your 30's you stop caring about what other ppl think so much, thus making your life better/less stressful. my question is, why do i have to wait til 30 to have that - can i get it now?? :)
anyway, congrats on turning the corner to a great decade - you'll be in fab in it, just like you were in your 20's! love you!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest grandaughters that I have seen in my life.....so far! Loved all the pics and Ava's with her hair all messed up reminds me of me in the morning! Love, Nana