The ride was eventful to say the least. Here are a few journal entries I wrote as we drove:
Saturday, July 5th, 2008
8:43 am We left about 2 1/2 hours ago for Blue Haven. 12 minutes after we left, Elle asked if we were almost there. Ava has cried almost consistently since about 30 minutes after we left. Headphones are helping somewhat but not drowning out all the noise. She says "book" while crying yet every book I give her is received with a "NO!" and more temper tantrums. I feel bad for all the kids with us but on the bright side, we've really driven home the need for abstinence.
11:43 am Just got finished cleaning up a monumental amount of puke from just about every surface of the van. One of the girls(not my girls) got too carsick and didn't tell us...note for next time-give the pee, poo, puke talk before leaving!
2nd note to self: Get the following items at the next gas station/Walmart:
1. New towels for camp(ours were used for clean up)
2. toilet paper/paper towels (in case)
3. hand sanitizer (dried puke on the hands isn't too enjoyable)
3:58 pm Elle successfully pee peed outside under a tree on the side of Highway 84-she wasn't too excited about the idea but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have made it to a "real" potty-at least this one was sanitary!
Those are just a few snippets from my journal on the monumental 12 hour ride there. Here's a video that cracks me up and makes me sad at the same time....it took quite a few days for my shoulder to stop being sore from having to hold it at an odd angle so Ava could hold my hand. Oh and Shawn's hand wouldn't do...only mine. Thankfully that wasn't as needed on the way home but she would cry and say "Pat" while patting her leg and want me to pat her leg...so sad....I'm calling this video "Ava needs a hand."
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sad, yet funny. Um, does anyone have their eyes on the road?
Yes I'm wondering that too after seeing the video...not sure how Shawn shot that...scary...
what a mean mommy you are. letting go and laughing while she's crying...
it's so something i would do.
Also it's funny how the kids in the back have learned to just completely ignore it.
I was driving with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the camera at Ava. And yes I was actually looking at the road. So there, that's how I did it.
Shawn
Found a "yak pack" for vomit clean up. Remind me next year and I will order you a few.
Post a Comment