Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Surreal Life

I am having a major surreal moment right now. I can actually hear the fizz popping in my can of Code Red as well as the second hand of my clock and it ticks....I can't remember ever hearing this kind of quiet....at least in the last 4 1/2 years. Why, might you ask, is it so quiet at my house right now? It's not nap time?? My hubbie, who I might add is getting better and better every day at doing things that are WONDERFUL, took our two girls and headed to Tyler, about 10 minutes ago. The plan is to come back Saturday late afternoon. I am truly beside myself with how to handle this freedom. The idea came up as I looked at my LONG list of scrapbook pages I needed to complete to be caught up. It's REALLY long! I told Shawn that if he really wanted to do something to really help me, he'd take the girls for a little while and head somewhere. He agreed!!! I am so excited that he's getting to have time alone with them. Usually I'm the one in charge when it's anything to do with our girls so it will be neat to hear all the stories of how it was without me....hopefully it wasn't too fun and easy. My goal is to have at least 10 pages done by the time he gets back. After I finish I'll post what I got done. But, there is also a chance I will get one page done and spend the rest of the time doing whatever it is that people with no kids do....I've forgotten....I guess sit around and pick the lint from between my toes and watch so much TV that my eyes burn...oh and eat cereal for dinner....but I do that anyways.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yay for you! Alone time is great...and it makes that together time that much sweeter. Get lots done and SLEEP LATE!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having fun Emma because WE are. :) You should have seen the girls at the mall tonight playing in the new area. A girl stopped and looked at Ava and said she is cute and this ederly lady was watching Elle and her face just lite up.
love you