Thursday, January 15, 2009

We are boring



Yep, nothing exciting happening here. Really, we are just hibernating until Spring. Every day is a do-over from the day before. But, I'm thankful for boring. December and really the three months before that, were all chocked full of lots of activities and so it's nice to just be. On Tuesday, I tried the second new food for '09, Butternut Squash. I had a simple recipe that made a puree out of it and it was actually REALLY good. It tasted quite a bit like corn which surprised all of us. The girls both liked it too. I would get it again, except for one thing. It was quite expensive. It was $4.16 and that's a lot for just a simple side dish. Hmmmm....maybe it's cheaper at a different time of the year? Anyone know??? Anyway, it was a good thing so I'll probably get it occasionally just to add something different. I will say, I felt quite uppity picking that at the veggie area because I was getting an "unusual" product....okay maybe it's just unusual to me. Whatever. Not sure what next weeks surprise is...I'll figure that out tomorrow. Any suggestions.....In other news, we started our Marriage Class tonite at church. We have 9 couples including ourselves that are taking the class and Shawn and I are the facilitators. We are really excited for where our marriage and the other couples marriages will be in 8 short weeks. It's going to be a lot of work, but anything great takes work. Tomorrow we have a lot to look forward to. It is Shawn's day off, we have a fun birthday party to go to at the bowling alley for our neighbor, and Gramme is coming for the weekend!!!! YEAH!!!! Have a great weekend!
What a good big sis, pushing little sis in her swing.

I've been babysitting my neighbors 3 month old 2 days a week and both girls REALLY want to help a lot...which I'm all for!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I've only made butternut squash one time, and it was so much trouble to peel and cut I've never gotten it again. My guess is it's cheaper in the fall but I don't know.