I'm always drawn to pink anyway, but I really liked the style of it too. It had a price tag of $50 on it which I thought was still too expensive. The glass in the middle had to be replaced and the whole thing would need to be repainted if not stripped also. The neighbor then said she'd let me have it for $25. That made it a bit more attractive. So, we told her we'd think about it and if we liked it enough and thought we could use it, we'd come back. We headed to the Poppy Festival here for a few hours and when we returned, her garage sale was over and she still had the pink dresser?make up table? dressing table? Shawn asked her if she'd take $20 and she said Yes! So now we are the owners of the cutest little piece of furniture. I think it will be extremely useful for the girls in the future. Their bathroom isn't very big so getting ready in there probably isn't going to happen. This will help a lot. As we go through the process of restoring it, I'll update with more pictures. Right now were are trying to decide whether to paint it a light pink again which won't really match with either room, or go for a more bluish turquoise color to match Elle's bedspread that hopefully she'll have for a long time?
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Today's bargain find
Two of our neighbors were having garage sales today. Just out of boredom we went to them to say hi and look around. Something caught my eye at one of the sales. This cute little thing.

I'm always drawn to pink anyway, but I really liked the style of it too. It had a price tag of $50 on it which I thought was still too expensive. The glass in the middle had to be replaced and the whole thing would need to be repainted if not stripped also. The neighbor then said she'd let me have it for $25. That made it a bit more attractive. So, we told her we'd think about it and if we liked it enough and thought we could use it, we'd come back. We headed to the Poppy Festival here for a few hours and when we returned, her garage sale was over and she still had the pink dresser?make up table? dressing table? Shawn asked her if she'd take $20 and she said Yes! So now we are the owners of the cutest little piece of furniture. I think it will be extremely useful for the girls in the future. Their bathroom isn't very big so getting ready in there probably isn't going to happen. This will help a lot. As we go through the process of restoring it, I'll update with more pictures. Right now were are trying to decide whether to paint it a light pink again which won't really match with either room, or go for a more bluish turquoise color to match Elle's bedspread that hopefully she'll have for a long time?
I'm always drawn to pink anyway, but I really liked the style of it too. It had a price tag of $50 on it which I thought was still too expensive. The glass in the middle had to be replaced and the whole thing would need to be repainted if not stripped also. The neighbor then said she'd let me have it for $25. That made it a bit more attractive. So, we told her we'd think about it and if we liked it enough and thought we could use it, we'd come back. We headed to the Poppy Festival here for a few hours and when we returned, her garage sale was over and she still had the pink dresser?make up table? dressing table? Shawn asked her if she'd take $20 and she said Yes! So now we are the owners of the cutest little piece of furniture. I think it will be extremely useful for the girls in the future. Their bathroom isn't very big so getting ready in there probably isn't going to happen. This will help a lot. As we go through the process of restoring it, I'll update with more pictures. Right now were are trying to decide whether to paint it a light pink again which won't really match with either room, or go for a more bluish turquoise color to match Elle's bedspread that hopefully she'll have for a long time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun! I love good garage sale finds - we were on the same wavelength yesterday.
Pretty! I can't wait to have a house to fill with trash to treasure finds! And where did you get Elle's quilt, because I need a new one for Riley and can't remember the name of the website.
Post a Comment