We are at 1 week and counting till Blue Haven. This time next Saturday we will have been on the road for about 1 1/2 hours, which means the excitement and newness of the journey will be getting old and we still have the entire day of driving ahead of us. I am working fast and furious on all kinds of travel stuff for the girls to keep them somewhat entertained. When I take pictures of what all I'm making, I'll post them.
Today, I have a baby shower to go to and I was in charge of the cake. I bought an uniced sheet cake from HEB and decided to tackle decorating it on my own. I made it look like the invitation and I have to say I'm very happy with it. Again, I'll post pics when I get them off my camera. Later this evening, I'm going to be taking a family's pictures and it's not just any family. It's one of my very good friends from back in my ACU days that I reconnected with on Facebook! :) I'm excited to see him and meet his family. Hopefully I'll capture some great shots of his family.
Lastly, this past weekend Shawn woke us all up and declared that we were going to go find "the lost pond." Not too far from our house, there is a dam that you can drive to. Not too far from the dam, their is a pond that isn't accessible. Since we moved here, we've wanted to explore and try to get to that pond. So, we packed up the girls and some water and headed out to explore. Two gallons of sweat later and two tired little girls, we found it! The girls were so excited! The water was crystal clear and the whole area was just very unbothered by humans. We had a lot of fun exploring that little area.
Today, I have a baby shower to go to and I was in charge of the cake. I bought an uniced sheet cake from HEB and decided to tackle decorating it on my own. I made it look like the invitation and I have to say I'm very happy with it. Again, I'll post pics when I get them off my camera. Later this evening, I'm going to be taking a family's pictures and it's not just any family. It's one of my very good friends from back in my ACU days that I reconnected with on Facebook! :) I'm excited to see him and meet his family. Hopefully I'll capture some great shots of his family.
Lastly, this past weekend Shawn woke us all up and declared that we were going to go find "the lost pond." Not too far from our house, there is a dam that you can drive to. Not too far from the dam, their is a pond that isn't accessible. Since we moved here, we've wanted to explore and try to get to that pond. So, we packed up the girls and some water and headed out to explore. Two gallons of sweat later and two tired little girls, we found it! The girls were so excited! The water was crystal clear and the whole area was just very unbothered by humans. We had a lot of fun exploring that little area.

No comments:
Post a Comment