
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Playin at the Public Pool
My memories of public pools really aren't too fond. They were really crowded and usually had hair, bugs, dead flowers and other nasty things floating around in them. Ewww!!! But tonite, after living 1 mile from a gorgeous public pool for two year and never having been, we went! There are a few reasons it has taken so long to get to this pool. First, the window of opportunity is so so so small for the pools here. They are open from June to mid August and not on Monday and only from 1-7 pm the other days. It's ridiculous. Secondly, it costs money. I have a hard time paying for pool usage when I have a little blow up pool in my backyard. But, it is beyond the normal hot here, my plans of photography were canceled this evening, Elle needed to get comfortable with this pool before her swim lessons, and really, I just wanted to go swimming!!! So after begging my not-fond-of-public-pools husband, we packed up the car with towels and $7 to get in and took a 1 mile roadtrip to the pool! We were really excited when we pulled up and noticed that a large group of people were leaving which meant it wouldn't be too crowded. Everything went wonderfully! The girls hopped right in and loved every single second of it! I think we'll make at least one more trip back next week before leaving for camp. This was a wonderful way to end a long week! 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Just thought I'd leave a comment to say "thanks" for all the blog updating lately. It's always fun to read! The picture of you giving Ava a kiss on the cheek is the first time I've really seen a big resemblance between her and Elle. One week till Blue Haven, I know y'all are pumped!
Wow! The girls have gotten so big! They are so beautiful!! :) Hope y'all have a great time at camp. We miss it so much!!! Y'all have a safe trip and enjoy the cool-ness (literally!) of the mountains!!
Post a Comment