Today we went for our ultrasound, blood test, and all that stuff. It's really the first important appointment besides to one to confirm the pregnancy. We took Ava with us which was a bit of an adventure but she did well. She made sure to tell the Dr. that she also had a baby in her tummy and it was a girl. This sounds funny to say, but I almost feel like we are pregnant along side each other. She is hilarious. She has said once that she was so tired and it was because of the baby....think she's heard that one a few times? Anyway as soon as the picture of the baby was up on the screen, it was very recognizable as a baby! Only about 2 weeks ago I had an ultrasound to make sure the baby was still alive and it was just a speck...a blob. Now, I could see it's head, heart beating, spinal cord, arms, and legs....and the best part....the baby was moving around!!!! I was in shock. Wasn't expecting that. I was all concerned before the ultrasound about wanting to hear the heartbeat, but once I saw that it was actually WIGGLING on it's own, my fears and desires to hear the heartbeat went away! She said I'm measuring right on which is wonderful. Everything is great. We go back in fours weeks which will be the routine pretty much until I get close to the end. Some of the best news is that they are going to allow us to stretch our payments all the way until April instead of January so that will help a lot in making the monthly installments. Shawn is thinking about selling his gallbladder since it seems they aren't completely necessary....maybe a kidney if it will go for more so if you know anyone wanting one, let us know. lol! I have told the Dr. that I'd like to have the C-section on the 13th of April if that's okay and she said that was great, so for now that's the plan. Here's a picture of the ultrasound...don't have a scanner so this will have to do. Keep us in your prayers!

I know it's just about indistinguishable, but I know some want to see it anyway so there ya go!
4 comments:
Tell Shawn heart and lungs bring in more money. Just kidding. I want to see Ava's ultrasound. Glad everything is great.
So thankful that everything went well. I think it would be fitting if you had the baby on April 15, tax day.
So thankful that your appointment well and that the baby is healthy. We are praying for you guys.
emma, how great to see the U/S pic..I am pretty sure I see arm and leg buds and the spinal bones. It looks like a boy to me and if he is real active it must be a "he"! Anyway it is a good thing because Meemaw told me that a really good name would be what Mammy's mother wanted her to name your Aunt Doretha...now listen carefully because there is a good name in this...Eliza Drusila Cumy (pronounced "Qmy") I like the Eliza part! Emma, Elle, Ava and Eliza Jane! What fun I am having! Love, Mom
Post a Comment