Friday, December 18, 2009

5 months and a diaper bag

I'm 5 months preggie today! I am feeling glorious (mostly). My face is so clear and I only wish I could have skin like this when I'm not pregnant! My hair is "doing right" for me and I only wish that would last too. Sleep is still pretty good and I don't have to pee that much (tmi I know). My belly is just big enough to get me lots of attention and smiles and mostly warm wishes and lots of the same questions over and over. It's a great time in the pregnancy! My favorite food I'm loving right now is coffee ice cream straight from the carton and also made into a shake. Oh so good. But I have noticed that I crave just about whatever is mentioned in my earshot. It's best not to talk about food around me right now unless you have some to share. Here's my 5 month shot:

This is a non-pregnancy top I had and I love how the buttons follow the curve of my tummy!

Also, in a previous post I talked about buying fabric to make a diaper bag. I started on it last night after debating back and forth whether to pay a lady $30 to make it for me. I just couldn't stand to part with that $30 when I knew I could probably figure it out and do it myself. I have definitely figured out that sewing is dangerous for me....once I start a project I can't stop till it's done. I worked for 3 1/2 hours last night and then this morning started again around 7:45 and finished at about 5 this afternoon, with a few breaks in between. Before I show the pictures I just want to say, I LOVE THIS BAG! It is made to order. I got to "design" exactly how I wanted this bag to look. I wanted to different fabrics for the handles and also changed some of the fabrics parts on the front and back so they are slightly different. I used 5 different fabrics in all and love how they all coordinate! In case you want to know the name of the fabric it's by Amy Butler and it's the Midwest Modern 2 grouping. I love love love the fabric. If you're really astute you'll notice that it's the same fabric I used to spell "boy" on the shirt I wore to tell everyone what I was having. I'm contemplating either making some piece or pieces of clothing for Levi and/or myself or even the girls out of the leftovers....maybe even a small quilt for Levi. Who knows??? Anyway, the pattern was mostly easy to figure out and I'm proud to say that I didn't have to use the seam ripper once! So, here's the pictures:

Lots of pockets(12 to be exact!)...this is what sold me on this diaper bag pattern. My last one had no pockets so it was just a jumbled mess in the bottom. I am going to need some organization!

Oh how I love customizing burp cloths!

The lovely pregnant model showing how it sits on the shoulder. Just the right size and can be put on without having to use the other arm to get it up on the shoulder.

10 comments:

the campbell family said...

i'm so impressed and i love all the coordinating fabric! it looks wonderful, like you just bought it from a fancy boutique!

Lesley said...

Hahaha you are such a dork modeling your diaper bag. Seriously though, it is SO CUTE! And I have to admit I skipped all the words so I could look at the pictures. Okay, back to reading the words now. You look GREAT! How are you feeling? Are you excited? Will y'all be done having kids now? Is it a boy or a girl? (see, I'm doing that thing where I'm asking you all the questions that people ask pregnant people). :) Love ya

emma said...

lesley that cracked me up...at first I was thinking "why is she asking if I'm excited and if we're done and what it is?...she knows that stuff" then I realized...thanks for the laugh.

Leslie said...

So cute!! Love the fabrics!!! So fun that you are craving coffee ice cream shakes! You look great!!!:)

barbara said...

I love the bag. You did a great job and you look great.

Hollee said...

The bag is too cute!!! You are so talented!!

Heather Smith said...

I usually loathe anything that looks like a diaper bag...but this one is sooo cute! Kudos to you! :)

Just Me said...

I love amy Butler fabric! Would love to see the pattern--is it internet or an actual pattern?

emma said...

Hey brandee, the pattern is one I bought at a quilt shop. It's by a company called quilters illustrated and they have a website by the same name. The pattern is called Pocket Parade Tote (ps015) designed by Penny Sturges. Look at it online and if you want to borrow it let me know and I'll send it your way! People have shared a lot with me, so it's my turn!

Just Me said...

Would love the pattern! I am thinking of sewing and selling--I could modify this or use as is. Will send back when done.
515 Leatherwood 75402