Today, like so many others, we took down all the Christmas decorations both inside and out. It was an all day job but I truly feel euphoric right now as I look at my bare, spacious, clean, dust- free living room. Not only did we do that, but we are also building up for a monster garage sale sometime this spring. We are hoping to make enough money to pay doctor's bills, get miscellaneous baby items needed, and transition the girls into one room, which will require a few pieces of organizational stuff plus paint. Our house feels like it lost weight today. We are going through every drawer, closet, cabinet and box and looking at every single thing we own and deciding what can stay and what needs to go. Simplify. As life attempts to get more chaotic in the next few months, we are going to simplify. It's a wonderful feeling and it will be made even sweeter, if we can make a decent amount of money.
Onto other topics. Christmas was wonderful. The girls got a trampoline and they absolutely LOVE it! I think we have finally found an outlet for that endless energy! I suspect that it will get a lot of use out of it in the coming years. 

We also went to Tyler for almost a week and had a wonderful time there. We stayed long enough that I feel like for once, we got to spend a good amount of time with everyone. The girls got lots of good stuff and are staying occupied with tea parties and new doll friends and that kind of thing.
Yesterday, we went to a New Year's Eve party at one of our member's homes. More on that in the next post. Had a wonderful time!
Enjoy a few of my favorite pictures from the Christmas festivities.
This was the 32nd year in a row to read from this book. My dad started it on my first Christmas!
The carnage after the girls tore into their gifts.
Even Levi got something. I saw this idea on etsy.com and replicated it for pennies on some old onesies the girls had. Now he's truly his father's son.

2 comments:
How fun. I loved all the pictures. I'm glad the girls are really starting to enjoy Christmas...I remember a few years ago when Elle's reaction wasn't exactly what you'd hoped it would be! Glad y'all had a good Christmas and see you in a few days!
Loved the post, especially the picture of those two great lookin' gals with the baby :) We were so glad to see you and agree we should meet there every year. Love to all (almost) 5 of you!
Post a Comment