
Today, with it being just unbearably cold, I knew I was going to have to do something I just don't like doing with Ava...painting. You may be surprised to see that since I do love art...I just don't like doing it with a person that has a 3 second attention span. There is a lot of work that goes into the prep for painting and the clean up and when that takes longer than the actual time it takes to paint...then I start getting annoyed! But I was determined today! Ava hasn't done NEARLY as much painting as Elle did at this age so I need to make myself do this, plus I think it will be good for her because I'm going to make her spend a certain amount of time doing the painting, past when she wants to. We have got to work on her attention span! So, she actually did quite well.

My very favorite part of painting with the girls is when I ask them to title their work. It is always an interesting thing. This painting is titled "Horsey, Triangle and Mommy."

Then I tried to get her to paint a monster, but I was losing her at that point, so I tried my hand with the cruddiest paint brushes on the earth and I actually like this little guy. I might even hang him in my craft room.
1 comment:
Poor second children...so mistreated, aren't we? (Kidding...)
Speaking of kids painting, have you seen the documentary "My Kid Could Paint That"? I think you'd like it.
Post a Comment