So, since we are home bound because we had to scratch exciting wonderful plans that we've had for over 2 months, due to people who wouldn't stop getting sick (how rude), we made the best of our situation! Can I just say, it's always a morale boast when you take a bad situation and have a good attitude and make it into something positive! I love when that happens! So, by yesterday afternoon, for the most part, everyone was feeling okay. As of this writing, Shawn isn't feeling so great, and I'm just feeling a loss of appetite and tired, which is what I've felt for days now. Elle is coughing a lot, but Ava and Levi are great. Anyway, we decided that since we weren't headed out of town, we would check another cool thing of the list of attractions in this area. We headed to Nature in Lights in Belton and we are so glad we did. First, we started by eating at "world famous" Storms. Can I just say, I'm not sure why it's world famous...it can't be for the burgers. It was a mistake to eat there because nothing set right after that. ugh. But, as Shawn said last night, "Well, we can mark that off the list of things to do." We'll stick with Mighty Fine. Anyway, after that we headed to the lights. It only cost us $5 to drive through it, which is mostly unheard of nowadays. They had a "snow" machine blowing on you as you began the drive through and I'm pretty sure that both Shawn and I have hearing loss from the experience. There was such high decibel squealing going on with each new thing we saw (and to be honest, I was doing a lot of that squealing.) There's just something about fireworks and Christmas lights that I just can't contain myself! Anyway, it was wonderful and took us well over an hour to drive through and they also had a gorgeous Santa that you could take pictures with. It costs $7 to take as many pictures as you wanted. That may sound expensive, but considering that at the mall, it cost $22, we felt like we were getting a steal. Now we can officially have Christmas day because Levi has sat on Santa's lap. We weren't sure how he'd do but we just plopped him down on his lap, and he just stared at Santa, then back at us, then back at him over and over. But, he never acted terrified so that was a positive. The girls were forced to take one picture with him but were never too sure about him. We ended the night with a cup of hot chocolate for the girls, which took them about 15 minutes to drink and which they fought over with every single sip the other took. They fought over the marshmallows too. Then everyone nestled into their seats in the car, we turned up the Christmas music, Levi slept the whole way home and the girls sang. It was a great night and made missing the wedding a little less painful.

No comments:
Post a Comment