Sunday, December 05, 2010

MASH Costume Party

Our MASH group had a Christmas Costume Party this weekend that I've been so excited about since it got on the calendar! I love any reason to wear a costume and dress up so I was happy that it was for a reason other than Halloween! I decided to go as a gingerbread girl. As Shawn was trying to decide what to go as, we saw a picture on the Internet of someone dressed as a gingerbread house and that was it! My costume took about a week to create and cost about $7 and Shawn's was free so I was pretty excited about it. There was suppose to be a prize for best costume too, but I really didn't care because I just wanted it to look good whether we were getting something or not. Well, it turned out even better than I had hoped. I loved how all five of us were able to make it work. I found the girls aprons at JoAnn's that were half off and they will serve them for years to come anyway! Levi's shirt was made my yours truly. I saw something just like it on etsy.com and had all the right colors of felt so I made it and I LOVE how it turned out too! Anyway, the party was amazing and loads of fun. Everyone voted and YEAH!!!! WE WON!!! And to our surprise, the prize was a $25 Visa Giftcard!!! AWESOME!!! Not only do I now have $25 to anywhere, but a life size gingerbread house (which I'll for sure be keeping and decorating with every year!) and another costume to add to my every growing closet of Halloween props! I love our MASH group so much and am so so thankful that we have such great and fun friends!

Our sweet gingerbread family

Showing off Daddy's house...great job Shawn!!!

Stealing some sugar from Levi's neck

A close up of the gingerbread man on Levi's shirt...I love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I love it that you made such a creative collection of costumes! They totally rock!