Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Mother's Day Out...but not really.

Today was a day this household has anticipated for months and months! Sweet Ava began going to a Tuesday/Thursday Mother's Day Out Program. We knew last year, when we realized that she was 13 days past the cut off for Kinder this fall, that she (and I) was going to need something to preoccupy her for the year before she got to go to real school. I started hunting around and found a preschool that immediately upon entering, was sure was the one for her! She was beyond excited for this day to get here! Last week we got to meet her teacher and see her classroom and all anxieties (which really their weren't any from any of us!) were cast aside. She absolutely loved her first day of "school." She said that her favorite part was playing on the playground and doing the monkey bars. She also proceeded to tell us exactly, and I mean exactly what each person brought in their lunch. (She's always been a little obsessed with food.) lol Anyway, we could not be happier that she loves this place and are so excited to give her a chance to grow. So, you may wonder....what did Emma do with this new found freedom? Well, that's where the title comes into play. It's called Mother's Day Out, but Levi prefers it to be Mother's Day In. He likes to nap from 10-12 every day. But, that's not a bad thing at all. My goal is to begin catching up on scrapbook pages. I already finished two since yesterday and that 2 more than I've done in the last almost year! So, I will enjoy the quiet, the peace my brain is allowed, and let my creative juices flow...oh and do some housework too. That's what I'll do with my time. And I'll also cherish those Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that she's with me, because I know next August is going to be here quickly and then life will change yet again.

Of all the stickers she picked out to stick on her face at breakfast, I thought these were so appropriate. They read "Smart" and "Funny."


All ready to go, with a new shirt, new backpack, and new lunch bag.
Love this shot.

One last picture with Mommy...I made her do this. She was ready to be done and go play with cars.

Miss Liz, the teacher for the "Giraffes"

No comments: