Saturday, September 10, 2011

We all scream for ice cream!

Today, we had Ava's 5th birthday party. I'm not sure words can really do it justice. It was wonderful. It was perfect. It was enjoyable. It was awesome. Every single thing went off without a hitch and all of the little girls had a wonderful time! Planning and doing birthday parties takes a lot of effort, but it is so worth it, when you child feels special and has fun! Okay, I really am at a loss for words for how great it went today so enjoy some of my favorite pictures from the party!

First, the girls started by decorating a bag...pictures of final product later in the post.


After that finished that, we sang Happy Birthday to Ava and let her make a wish!


While we cut up the cake, we let them essentially have a free for all with candy and ice cream. Things they had access to in order to make the perfect cup of ice cream included: pop rocks, marshmallow, peanuts, M&M's, cherries, sprinkles, gummy life savers, gummy bears, whip cream, chocolate syrup, blueberry sauce, caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce, Root Beer flavored syrup, coconut, brownie bits, and candy corn. Oh and the ice creams included, Neapolitan, Vanilla, and Ava's personal request of Mocha Java Chunk.
I believe I stopped Ava at 7 cherries. She was shoveling them into her cup like there was no tomorrow!
Everyone say "Sugar Coma!"
She received some wonderful gifts and I think I counted somewhere around 15 headbands. Obviously her friends know her very well :) The only thing she has told me specifically and consistently that she wanted was a lady bug pillow pet, so of course she got one :)
I think she liked it?
Last activity...the pinata! Everyone got 2-3 hits with the blindfold on and all did actually quite well whacking at it!
Then we let me hit it 2 times each with no blindfold. Elle went last and on her second hit, WHAM! It went flying and so did all the candy!
All the cuties grabbed their cute little bags and started filling them up!
Such a cute picture of Shawn and his mom :)
The birthday girl with all her sweet guests, showing off their little ice cream bags.
Ava's finished bag
Elle's finished bag (love that she took her own creative spin on how to put the ice cream on there :)

1 comment:

TxJan said...

I must say, I totally agree with you that it was the perfect party for a 5-year-old girl! You did a spectacular job prepping, and the girls' creativity with their goodie-bags was so cute. Happy Birthday, Ava!