In unrelated news, Sunday was our 1st Sunday potluck and I made these. I knew it would start a riot and it just about it...."WHAT!??? Bacon on a CUPCAKE!!! Well I never...." It was great....and people were mystified until they actually took a bite...then the adoration poured in. These were great! They were Maple Bacon Cupcakes with Cinnamon frosting and although they were a catastrophe when they came out of the oven, it wasn't anything a little (or lot) of icing couldn't fix.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012
A little visit
Shawn's brother and family came and stayed with us this weekend. Chad's wife Lesley was here to celebrate her dad's retirement. We were excited that they got to stay with us!
Let's start with my newest niece Ivy...she's just getting to the really fun stage. She was so sweet and cute and obviously smart, since she wears big glasses. My favorite thing about her besides her wardrobe, which I envy, was that fact that just about anything you did made her smile with her whole face...a real ego boost for me!
We got to go over to Lesley's dad's house Sunday afternoon and go swimming, and eat leftover BBQ from the party the day before. That was pretty wonderful and relaxing. It was the perfect end to a good day and a good weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Thanks for taking pictures and blogging about the weekend! We had a blast too and were so glad we got to come down. I agree, Ivy is pretty sweet, and I love that picture of Ezra and Levi. See y'all in a couple months!
Post a Comment