I sure do love coming up with clever titles for these posts. Today's post is about rehab; rehabilitation of furniture. As we were going down our street today, on our way home, we saw this beauty sitting out by the curb.
Shawn immediately pulled over and we both jumped out to inspect and try to figure out why in the world someone would be giving it away. All the drawers worked great, the back was in great condition, we could tell it was more on the antique side, with solid wood all over, including the back and the drawers fit together with an old technique used to fit pieces of wood together....all this to say, we knew it wasn't from IKEA. No offense, IKEA...much of our house is from you! Anyway, we noticed it had a light green hand towel taped to the top of the dresser.
Strange? Maybe it was taped there when it moved so as not to get it scratched and then they realized they didn't have room for it? Well, I peeled back the tape and saw this....I blurred out the last letter for those that are easily offended (and really if you are, you should probably not read my blog ever....or be friends with me....almost all my friends growing up were boys...I can't help it.)
ANYWAY, this one little word didn't detract me at all, but it did make me sad that someone felt the need to scratch that into a pretty piece of furniture. All that aside, we hauled it into our minivan and drove it home. I have big plans people, big plans for this beauty. The goal and hope is to sand/strip it down to the bare wood, and then paint it MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!! I can't wait to get started on this project. I have ALWAYS wanted a piece of green furniture and this may just spur me on to refinish the other pieces of furniture that I have in my craft room that are a dark wood...course I need to get my mom's permission because I believe they were pieces my parents had when they were newly married. :) So there ya go....let's see if I can get this done in under a year. Oh and if you know anything at all about the company logo on this furniture any info would be helpful!
And also if you are an old pro at stripping and repainting furniture, that would be great too. Every single piece of furniture we've ever done this to has ended up with an everlasting semi-tacky feel to the paint forever???
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
What an awesome find - LOVE stuff like that. Know you can make it look great!
I still can't figure out what the word was! ha
Post a Comment