Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Big Boy

Levi has pretty much potty trained himself at this point. I decided that at the beginning of March, we'd start keeping a chart of every morning that he's woken up dry and so far, he's only been wet 3 days and two of those where when he was really sick. So our goal is to have him completely out of diapers during sleep times by the end of March and it looks like we are well on our way! So along with that, we had to figure out something to do about his crib. He was completely content in his crib and still fit just fine, but when you're nighttime potty trained, you need to have a way to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I was having a hard time with the thought of disassembling our crib and throwing it away. Yep, throwing it away. It's illegal to sell drop side cribs anymore. I am looking for a way to repurpose it because it is the only crib I've used for all three kids.  Anyway, I also wasn't looking forward to the cost of a twin size mattress and box springs.  Then Shawn and I remembered that our crib could convert to a toddler bed. We've never needed that before because just about the time a child came out of the crib, it was time to put it in a new nursery! So, we took the drop side off, replacing it with the extra attachment and we now have a bed Levi can get in and out of on his own! He wasn't too sure about it at first...change is hard...even when you're young. But he LOVES it now. It makes him feel like such a big boy at bed time. At night, after I rock him and sing to him I carry him over to his bed and then he tells me to put him down so he can climb in by himself. So far, he has done really well with it and we are going on a week. We've trained him to stay in bed until we come get him and eventually we will have a clock radio or something that goes off when he's allowed to get up in the morning. Right now, he just has to call and call until we either come get him or tell him it's not time yet. Here's a few pictures I took today before naptime. He loved that I was taking pictures of him getting into his bed. :)
 


No comments: