I'm not sure when exactly I became obsessed with the color green. I did love frogs in high school so maybe that was when it started, but it REALLY got going sometime later. Either way, I LOVE green. I have more green clothing that any other color in my closet. I have a hard time passing a kelly green piece of clothing without buying it. I really want a green pair of shoes...hadn't found the perfect pair yet. I've thought more than once about going for it and dying my hair green. I.LOVE.GREEN. So, I get excited when there is a holiday specifically for green! Forget whatever else St. Patrick's Day is about and let's just have an excuse to overwear my favorite color...or in today's case, gross the family out and make them happy all in one meal. So, this morning, Levi was sick, meaning I was staying home from worship with him. This gave me the chance to actually cook a meal for Sunday lunch, when usually we go out to eat. So, I pulled out the green food coloring and went to town. The menu included green manicotti, green salad, green garlic bread, green milk, and for dessert green Rice Krispie treats. Oh and I served it on green plates. All is right in the world today because I've gotten my green fix. And that gorgeous green dress that I was going to debut today will just have to wait for another Sunday!
I really don't care if you think this looks gross. In my family, they are use to food being weird colors and disguised as other things. :) Oh and it tasted great.
Had to paint the fingernails green!
2 comments:
Love your creativity!
I love green too but more of a blue green! You are so special Emma!
Post a Comment