Thursday, May 30, 2013

Today's Memories

Ava had her graduation ceremony today at school.  I'm pleased to say that the K teachers fully underwhelmed us with the ceremony, which kept me from crying out of sadness at Ava growing up.  I don't blame those teachers...they're tired....tomorrow's the last day and they are hanging on by a thread!  But there was not a shred of sentimentality to the whole thing.  It was just more matter of fact and thankyouverymuch.  A little anticlimactic, but it got the job done either way....and she looked so cute :) 
Certificate of completion
 
Ava and Mrs. Grimes (who missed the last 6 weeks of school because her hip replacement was recalled...big fiasco...lots of subs and one student teacher turned full time teacher for the last few weeks!)
 
My "baby" is a first grader....my mind can't grasp that.

So, I now am the proud owner of a 4th grader who got all A's and B's for the year, and a 1st grader who got all E's for the year!  We celebrated by going to Cherry Berry after dinner...our bill came out to $20....we really celebrated! (and maybe this was mainly a selfish ploy to eat my favorite frozen yogurt, but I felt like I deserved ice cream too, for helping them pass their respective grades!)

I also completed a wreath that I've been wanting to do for about a month now.  I just never sat down and took the time to work on it, but yesterday and today, I finally just dug in...and I really like how it looks.  Super cute and totally my style.

 Thursday night is family meeting night in our house.  This is a fairly new concept that everyone is loving.  We talk one at a time about the issues we are having with one another, or something in the house, and ways to solve the problem.  We also compliment each other on things we see that are going great.  It's so interesting to see what they are going to say in both categories...you never know.  Even Levi got in on it tonight and his issue was that the girls were jumping on the couch when he was on it and he didn't like that.  It was very hard to keep a straight face as he explained the problem to his sisters, with a very serious look on his face.  I also use this meeting as a time to tell the kids what is coming up on the calendar.  Tonight I unveiled our daily summer activity sheet and our Bucket List for the summer.  It was hilarious.  I read them each thing on the list and they cheered loudly and wildly after every single thing I wrote. 


I had to make them stop cheering so loud, just to finish the list.  I think it made all of us excited for the next few months!  Here's to no more alarm clocks, tan lines, and fewer baths!  Summer 2013; Bring it on!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

LOVE x47

Lauren Hope said...

I think I would like it if you were my mother ... oh well, guess I'll have to settle for best friend. :)