Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Two checks

Today, our family was able to check off two things from our summer bucket list!  Our first thing to check off was "Ride on John's boat."  So we met up with our friend John at the lake at 11 am this morning and spent 4 amazing hours on his boat!  We all had the best time and were totally worn out by the time we left!  It was the perfect way to start the summer...of course we are now also all sporting various degrees of sunburn in weird shapes all over our skin, but we'll get better at the whole sunscreen thing as the summer wears on! 

So proud of Elle...she didn't fear the water at all!

Don't be fooled...I didn't get pulled in this tube...I was just using it as a relaxation device.


Ava took a little coaxing to get in the water, but once she realized the swim floaty things on her would actually hold her up, she became a fish!

This picture make not seem like much to you, but it's a big leap for me...I am afraid of open bodies of water...where things live....and can get you.  I have to work really hard not to hyperventilate when I get in the water...but I kept watching Elle and the fact that she didn't fear it at all, even though she knew fish and other things lived in it, and I decided to get over it and have fun....and keep an eye out for scary things.

We were making fun of Ava because she was struggling so much to pull in the anchor....until we realized it was wrapped up in a tree at the bottom of the lake.

Ava is driving the boat while Elle tubes!

Levi was probably the best at steering out of the three!


Creeper alert...this one is for you Valerie.



For the second check we completed the "eat ice cold watermelon" task. The pictures take care of that one. We've already put a few of the other bucket list items on the calendar and are excitedly planning and dreaming about them! This is the first summer we've really done a bucket list and I'm loving it...and so are the kids...we'll mark off a third one tomorrow evening. :)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks perfect & wonderful....and of course, creepy!

Valerie said...

Looks perfect & wonderful....and of course, creepy!