Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A horse head and another check

This weekend we celebrated Shawn's awesomeness.....and with the gift I got him, his awesomeness level skyrocketed.  See for yourself.
Yes, he got a horse head mask.  It is the most loved thing in this house right now.  But the kids are expecting rides every time he puts it on.

Okay so paper plates aren't usually an exciting gift.  But I call this gift the great compromiser.  Shawn insists on using paper plates for things that are not suppose to be on paper plates...waffles, runny eggs, syrup....it's just wrong people.  So we debate about it regularly...until now.  I found melamine "paper" plates in the dollar section at Target....we are now the proud owners of 5 melamine paper plates...end of debate.


In other news, we checked off another bucket list item this morning.  We woke up to rain of all things...rain in June...in Texas...it's almost unheard of nowadays.  But either way we woke up to it and after the kids had been awake for a while, I realized that "play in the rain if it rains" was on the bucket list!  I jumped up and fire-drilled the kids out the front door...half dressed, mostly in PJ's, sleep still in their eyes, and told them to get to playin'.  At first they didn't know what to make of me, but then I get that kind of often.  After a few minutes of me yelling directions on how to have fun in the rain, they began to warm up and started sailing "boats" down the gutters, making dams for those boats, adding "people" to the boats, making more boats and splashing in the tiniest puddle they could find. It was very nostalgic to see them playing WITHOUT anything but nature! They loved it. I had to drag them back in at some point. Now let's hope we see more of that rain......
 Ava was the first to figure out how to get her boat going.


Levi was the expert puddle jumper.

Elle tried many different techniques to make her boat go, as well as lots of different "boats."

Not much better than reckless abandon....laying on the wet driveway, letting the rain fall in your mouth.

2 comments:

Jupers said...

What happy summer fun! I have some of those good memories from when I was a kid...yes I can remember back that far! We would play in the street gutters too! Probably in our underwear also! They will remember it too when they are 64! There I said it 64, 64, 64!

Jupers said...

One more thing...I have never heard of anyone getting a horse head for a gift except the godfather! Is Shawn about to get knocked off?