If you know me well, you know I have a little quirk...it's not annoying or outlandish, but it's something I can't deny. If I see money....any amount, on the ground, I MUST pick it up, no matter what I'm in the middle of. I don't care who sees me, who thinks it's weird or a waste of time, or what I was doing before. I must get it! If I don't get it, I'll obsess about it until I go back and get it. When I run in the neighborhood, it's like a jackpot if I find money while running and no matter how bad it will mess up my stride or my breathing or whatever, I have to stop and pick it up! Some of my friends find this funny and silly because they say "It's only a penny! etc..." Oh how they would be wrong. A few years after we were married, we had been saving our change and took a trip to New Orleans on that change! With our trip to Europe exactly one month away, it was time to pour out the change jar and count up what we had....this would help with miscellaneous expenses and souvenirs while there. So drum roll please.....the total is $122.50!!! That's a lot of change! So make fun all you want but I'm $122.50 richer....one penny at a time!
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is awesome . . . and SO like Michael it's not even funny. Kid could find money anywhere - and hasn't changed since he's an adult! :) And you're right, it totally pays! hehe
Don't roll them next time.. unless you REALLY like rolling them. I can get you the money exchanged, no rolling required. :)
Post a Comment