We started with a photo in front of her birthday banner and allowing her to open one present (of our choosing...which I rig.) She got a new cheetah shirt to wear to school!
Next, we sang Happy Birthday for the first of three times she'd hear that song today! She got to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
Then a little photo shoot of my sassy cheetah-loving seven year old.
Later that day, Shawn took her lunch and ate at school with her. Then I went up there at two to spend time with her class reading a book, doing a craft and passing out chocolate chip cookies per her request.
Around 4:30 Poppy and Nana arrived at our house and the excitement level kicked up a few thousand notches! We went to Panda Express (Ava's choice) and then went shopping where she promptly spent every single penny she'd gotten for her birthday. After that we came home to eat the icecream sandwich cake she requested and enjoy all the new things she'd gotten.
What a great year it has been. I'm so excited to watch her grow and mature in the coming year!







No comments:
Post a Comment