I was just thinking today about how part of what I love about old photos of my family growing up back in the 80's, isn't the people who are the subjects of those photos, but the background of those photos. I love to see what things looked like back then, the style and design of all the everyday items we used. That got me to thinking...I pretty much solely take pictures of people and activities that we are doing...most of the time with no thought to what's behind those people and I'm missing out on a important part of this "time" in my family's life...those daily mundanes. So I thought it would be fun to take a picture of what 2 weeks of groceries look like in our household. Now this isn't quite everything but it's most of it. I leave a good bit of budget just for the extras that we have to replenish as the two weeks go on. Today's trip didn't include milk, since we had to make an emergency trip last night just to have it for this morning's breakfast...and thank goodness because there is no way it would have fit in the buggy! Anyway, this is about 8 meals worth(I'll be out of town for a few days and then Shawn is out of town for a night so we can get buy with less planned meals this time) as well as breakfast and snacks and lunch stuff for the girls. So this is what it looks like. Oh and today's trip cost $175...I have no idea if that's a lot to your family or if that's barely anything....I'm always curious what other families grocery trips look like and how much they cost. Comment if you care to share! I'll be interested to see what my reaction and my family's reaction will be to this post in about 15 years! Until then....continuing to hunt and gather....
Monday, September 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We buy mostly in bulk at Sam's and the rest from ALDI and walmart...and we spend about $240 a week. And three kids eat like adults. You're not doing bad for having younger kids.
Post a Comment