Friday, November 01, 2013

My Second Favorite Holiday

Halloween has been stretched into a full one week holiday since we've had kids.  I do love Halloween, but I'm not so sure about celebrating it over and over and over again.  I think by last night my kids were kind of tired of it.  I told Levi that we were going trick or treating after his nap yesterday and his honest reply was "AGAIN?!" in an exasperated tone.  He sure wasn't complaining when he was eating candy though. 

We started with the Boo Bash down on the square.  All the businesses give out candy and it's a nice community thing.  This was the kids first time to put on their costumes and all loved how they looked. 
Elle was excited to be a ninja because she said "No one will expect me to be a girl."  She is so taking after me in the whole "smash the gender rules" category.

Levi could not stop talking about his "muscles" and get really proud acting every time someone mentioned those muscles.  He also shot webs, which I have no idea how he knows about since I'm pretty sure we've never seen a spiderman movie or cartoon. lol

Ava wanted to be Tiger Lily from Peter Pan.  After awhile she decided to just go by Pocahontas because she said everyone kept asking her if that was who she was and she was tired of explaining. ha!  I was super excited because this was Elle's costume last year so SCORE for recycling a costume!!!  All Ava was really concerned about was wearing bright red lipstick.  I tried to explain that Indian women probably wore "natural" colors if any on their lips but Ava wanted flamin' red!

My costume was the easiest it's been in a long time and seemed fitting anyway.

Make me proud kids!

Some of the kids from church that joined us on the square.
 
On Saturday night, we headed to a trunk or treat.  I didn't take my camera since I knew it would be more of the same...and it was....with lots more candy to follow.
 
Then the big night arrived.  One last event and this was one we've done every year since we moved here.  We head down Main Street and fill 'er up with around 1,000 other kids!  It gets crazy as the night goes on so we try going when it's still pretty early. 
 
All of our family, ready to go.  Shawn makes the best nerd ever.


I'm proud to say that all of these people got their costumes from "Emma's Closet."  lol

Most of the kids from church that came

These two...so stinkin cute.

In honor of Allen Lovins, Izzy pulled Shawn this year.


This cat was HUGE!
 
One of the only pics I got of Ava...she was moving fast...as if she had an agenda.


Elle and Gwen...these two look so cute!

 Some of the mommas....man we have a fun and goofy group!
 
Upon coming home, the girls really wanted to take their overflow of candy and hand it out to other kids.  So Shawn sat out on the porch with them handing out candy.  It was a win win situation!  I asked Levi to show me his suckers and this is the picture I got.  I think he might be a little infatuated with them.


This picture makes my OCD self very happy.  I just NEED to separate out the candy and see how much we have of each kind...and what we can go ahead and give away!  I would estimate that we have somewhere around 10 lbs of candy.

1 comment:

davemaz said...

Shawn, no pocket protector?