Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Twinkies and Ice Cream

Saturday night, Elle had her friend Gwen spend the night.  Gwen brought her dress that matches Elle so Sunday they work their matching dresses.  Could they be much cuter?  I noticed later that they even switched shoes for church. 
 
While I'm on the subject of Elle, she has also been working really hard to re-memorize all of her multiplication facts this year.  She had them memorized by the end of 3rd grade...and then lost all that knowledge over the summer!  So we started a chart and I told her I'd take her for icecream (it seems that all the kids rewards always lead to icecream!) when she completed each set of facts.  She did that last week and so I made a test of 70 facts....pretty much everything from 2x1 through 12x12 and on her first test, she missed five.  We told her she had to miss three or less...and today she took it for the second time and only missed ONE!  We were so proud and she was SO excited to be getting icecream tonight!  She wanted Shakes (which is a frozen custard place) so she got it! 

She ordered a coffee concrete with raspberry topping and loved every single bite!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe cuties! Great job Elle!

Unknown said...

Awe cuties! Great job Elle!

Jupers said...

Great for Elle! We helped her work on those when we were there! Wish I had some of that ice cream! Tell her we are so proud of her!