Thursday, January 02, 2014

Swanky Steaks

Tonight Shawn and I got to do something we've never done before....we got to eat at the fanciest restaurant we've ever been too!  Our friends got a gift card from a client and decided to take us along to an amazing steakhouse in Austin called Flemings.  We even got "dressed up" which we've NEVER had to do for a dinner date before!  After being seated, Valerie and I just kept giggling at how out of place we felt...or maybe it was just me.  I felt even more country than I already am and was trying so hard to talk quieter and act more "mature."  It didn't last long and that was fine because it got louder in the restaurant the longer we were there.  The place was so expensive that I had to cover up the column that showed the price of each thing, just to decide what I wanted because I couldn't concentrate on what sounded good for those prices!  Thank goodness they had a gift card! The food was wonderful.  The conversation was fun as usual.  We even shared a dessert which was delicious, and ended with coffee.  It was such a wonderful experience....even if we'll NEVER be able to do that again! 

2 comments:

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Love x1000