Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This is daily life

I haven't picked up the camera in a while and just taken pictures of what daily life is like so I decided to do it today and there were actually some interesting things to capture!  First, Levi had a few friends over this morning while their momma took care of some errands.  I loved watching the boys play dress up.  I miss those days of the girls playing that way! 

Today was the first official day to sell girl scout cookies.  As usual we set the bar pretty low.  We don't love the craziness that goes with selling cookies, but it does help provide the troop with the money needed to do the activities we want to do throughout the year.  Our goal is to sell 25 boxes each so that each girl gets a patch.  After looking at the prizes for boxes sold, Ava declared that she'd like to sell 2,500 boxes so she can get the laptop and Elle, being so much more modest only wanted to sell 1,500 to get the Kindle.  Lovely.  I'm sticking with the #25.   Shawn is wonderful with this part of Girl Scouts.  He pretty much has done everything this year and all I've really done is put it on facebook and eat 1 1/2 boxes of cookies (but I also made sure to pay for them without being reminded. ha!)  I took a quick picture of Shawn pulling a wagon full of cookies while all three kids sprinted to the next door.  Levi refused to be left out of this process!  :)

Tonight was a very monumental night for us as parents.  After 11 years of signing other parents' kids up for Camp Blue Haven, we finally were able to register our own child for her first year of camp.  We have truly dreamed about this since very early on.  We have seen what an amazing and lifelong impact that camp has on these kids and we are so very thankful to have the opportunity to send our child there!  Registration is a bit nerve-racking though.  There are only so many spots open for first time campers so it's first come first serve and we can only hope that we registered fast enough tonight to be guaranteed a spot...but we won't know for another MONTH!  That's a long time to wait. 
Here's a photo of Shawn a few seconds before he could register her.....intense!

And now to eat a few more cookies, read a book, and get some sleep before we start on all new adventures tomorrow....

No comments: