Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Bedroom Makeover

After months of selling unnecessary items, garage sales, consignment sales and generally saving, we were finally able to redo our master bedroom!  We have had this same duvet cover for over 10 years. We both absolutely love how it turned out!  The wall color is Benjamin Moore Admiral Blue.  Funny not so funny story about that amazing blue....it cost us $74.  Yes, you read that right.  There has to be a hitch in every makeover project and this was our hitch.  We saw Admiral Blue on a pinterest board and immediately fell in love with it.  When we actually brought the swatch home, we just couldn't get past how dark it seemed.  So after much thought, we went with the next step up in color. We got it up on the wall and I kid you not, it looked like we had done our wall in blue painters tape.  I felt like I was in a preschool where the walls are painted primary colors.  We tried to let it settle in for a day, but when we both woke up the next morning, we knew what we had to do.  As painful as it was to go buy ANOTHER can of paint, we knew it was the best decision and chalked it up to a learning experience.  We kept the same curtains because I love them so much.  As crazy as it is, we went with a white duvet cover which we LOVE.  I made the zig zag pillow and all the other pillow cases are either IKEA or Target.  The gray blanket is Target.  The headboard is DIY!!  Fabric was from Hobby Lobby for a whopping $17.  We love how it turned out!
BEFORE

AFTER:

 

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks good, sister!

brenda said...

Love how your new bedroom turned out! Looks wonderful :-) Just so you won't feel so bad about the paint....I did the same thing with my bathroom a couple of years ago; painted it a bright spring green and then repainted it a much calmer gray green the next day.

Lauren Hope said...

I.love.it.

Jupers said...

Very nice and calm looking! Beautiful blue too!