Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cupid's Chase 5K

This was Shawn's 4th and my 3rd year to do Cupid's Chase.  Actually we are even now.  I didn't do the race the first year he did it and he didn't do the race this year so we've each really only done three years...not that I'm counting or anything.  Anyway, our congregation does both water stops during the race and we get to have our logo on everything related to the race.  It's always a fun thing to do...even though it's almost always super cold and also VERY early on a Saturday!  But usually it's worth the long sleeve shirt you get.  Anyway here are the pictures from this year's race.
Here's some of the girls from before the race.

Ava wanted to run the race this year.  She stayed far ahead of me the whole time and got it done in about 33 minutes!


 Here's Valerie and me while we "strolled" instead of chasing. I was glad to have her pregnancy  as an excuse for me not to run....not feeling the whole running thing as this time in my life...check back tomorrow.

Elle worked one of the water stops on the race course!  It was a nice boost to see her smiling at me!

 Shawn was at the finish line waiting on us.  About 5 feet from the finish he yelled "Run!" so I did and he caught me looking like I was actually running the race.  It did improve my time by 1.7 seconds.  Valerie wasn't buying it.

This little monster was at the end of the race too, chilling out and having a good time.

Here's our little booth at the end of the race where we handed out granola bars and bibles!

Younger friends :)


Our group from Gabriel Oaks...year 3 as a group is in the books!

No comments: