I have been excited for weeks that today was going to be a school holiday. I'm pretty sure we burned this day last year with having to make up for "bad" weather which never was really bad. The kids stayed quiet this morning after they woke up so we got to sleep in late! They didn't know that we had fun things planned for today. I have been holding on to some coupons for a loooong time and today I cashed them in. The weather was chilly and rainy and perfect for what I had planned.
First we headed to a place called Safari Champ. I have had coupons for the kids to go for free for a few years now and was waiting for the perfect time! They were so excited and we let them play and play and play. Shawn and I were able to just sit in some comfy chairs and play on our phones without being constantly interrupted.
After that, we used some free coupons we'd gotten a while back to take the kids to Cane's. We spent a total of $12 on lunch for 5!
Then Shawn took us to a place I'd seen online a few times, in downtown Austin. It was a sight to see for sure! It's called Hope Outdoor Gallery. It seems that anyone who wants to do graffiti is allowed to! It was so pretty to look at and I'm happy to say that at least on this day, I didn't notice bad words or inappropriate artwork...this is a constant changing "gallery" though. I definitely want to come back sometime with spray paint and add our own something to the wall. The kids really liked it too even though it was FREEZING!
And then we went back to Lick. We introduced the kids to it. We let them try all kinds of flavors and get a scoop of whatever tasted the best. They were so excited to get to go here.
Shawn and I each got a pint of our favorite flavor from Saturday! Yes it's expensive. Yes it takes 45 minutes to get to from our house. Yes it's worth it!
After getting home, we did a little cleaning and let the kids watch Nanny McPhee. Tonight is leftovers (YES!) and then I'll be heading to Girl Scouts with the girls while Shawn heads to Monday Night for the Master, with Levi. Back to reality tomorrow.











No comments:
Post a Comment