Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine Parties

This is the only year I'll have to attend three separate school parties for every single holiday.  Next year I'm pretty sure middle schoolers don't do parties at school so that's at least one less thing on the to-do list.  Of course Kindergartners celebrate everything so actually the list will increase! lol
Here's a few pictures Shawn and I snapped at the various celebrations of more candy (after just having finally finished off/thrown away all the Christmas candy)...and I'm sure we'll get rid of this stuff just in time for Easter.  
We'll start with Levi's party which mainly consisted of a somewhat unhealthy second lunch.  None of the kids complained.  


After leaving his school I had some things to do at the church building so I let him bring in his bag of Valentine's and sift through them to find only TWO pieces of candy to eat.  This was such a dilemma for him but he finally decided and all was good.

On Friday, both girls parties were back to back which worked out well.  We were able to spend plenty of time with Elle at her party.  They did a few rounds of Valentine Bingo and then got to go through all of their Valentine's.

Then we headed down to Ava's classroom.  They had game stations set up with fun simple games for the kids to do.  After they rotated through all the games it was time to serve all kinds of goodies and ice cream floats.  

Shawn went up and got Elle and our crock pot of queso and chips and brought it back down to Ava's classroom where he and Levi sat quietly and finished off the rest of it!
 Everything just seems to have a different slant on it now as I look at Levi and how he will be at this school every day next year.  Then I look at Elle and think about how she will be in the big mysterious world of middle school next year.  It's terrifying and exciting all in the same breath!  Only 3 times 1 more party to go....end of the year....that one may be hard for me!

No comments: