Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Monday of Spring Break

I don't usually look forward to waking up Monday morning and starting the day, but yesterday was a great Monday to wake up!  We took the youth group on an Austin adventure.  The weather was absolutely great!  
This was the inaugural trip in our very own church van!!!

We started with burgers at Top Notch in Austin.

I got a kids meal and it came in this!!!!  Winner for best kids meal delivery box EVER!

After lunch, we headed to Mt. Bonnell.  I'm happy to say that no one single kid fell off the edge...though a few almost gave me a heart attack.



Next we headed to Wild Basin Nature Preserve.  I did story time before we headed on the hike because the books were there and the kids got a kick out of it.

We made the half mile hike to a pretty waterfall.  This is at the top of the waterfall.  Again, some kids tried to cause me to have a heart attack by getting closer than I wanted them to, to the edge.  All survived so all is well.

This picture just cracks me up because of the Zack, the only guy in the photo.
After finishing up, we hunted down a Sonic to treat ourselves for hiking and being so hot!  Great first trip in the new van!!

No comments: