Tuesday, April 05, 2016

A wonderful weekend

We started this past weekend with April Fool's Day!  I scaled back this year because I was putting a lot of work into fake food and the kids were figuring it out way too fast and then they were not acting that impressed....so time to fool them in other ways.  This year we switched all of the cereals around in the boxes and that was fun to watch.  I also told the kids that I was making brownies for when nana and poppy were here.  When it came time to eat the brownies, I served them brown "E's."  I used a spatula and put them on each plate.  They did get a kick out of that.  Win-win because this was pretty easy to do.


Saturday morning, Shawn and I went garage saleing and got some great bargains on things we had been hunting for...and a few things we weren't.  At noon, we took the kids to a free tennis clinic that went until 2pm.  While the kids were learning tennis technique we took my parents out to eat as a late birthday for my dad.  After we finished eating, I told my dad that I wanted the four of us to get tattoos in honor of his birthday, and I said that I wanted it to be Van Gogh tattoos.  They looked at me kind of crazy and then I pulled out some Van Gogh temporary tattoos, a wet washrag and some scissors.  Everyone started laughing.  We proceeded to give each other tattoos.




This is the first self stick photo my dad has ever been in!  Only took 69 years!


Later that evening, we headed to the Hula Hut with my parents.  The food was delicious and our kids behaved quite well....despite the 1 1/2 hour wait!  Mercy!

We stumbled upon Red Bud Isle Park after dinner and found such a pretty little piece of forest, smack dab in the middle of the city!



We finished the night with delicious Amy's icecream!
  
Sunday was first Sunday meaning we had church, then a potluck lunch and then a shorter service right after.  This also means we had the entire afternoon free to do what we wanted!  We had a little bit of time between when we got home and when we headed to our last adventure so my dad helped Ava with an extremely tedious paint by number.....now THAT is a grand patient parent!

Then we headed out to our friends pond for some fishing!  Within two minutes of arriving, I snagged this bass.  Yes, I wear a glove, and no I don't care if you think that makes me a wimp.

Poor daddy....this is what it's like to go fishing when you are a dad...you spend most of your time fixing peoples fishing poles and baiting their hooks.

Biggie got a tiny perch.

Shawn caught a HUGE bass!  He made up for having to spend so much time helping the kids!  I was only 7% jealous.

Here's my dad helping Levi.

My mom caught a good sized one too!  She said she hadn't been fishing in a long time so I was super glad that we decided to go and that she caught a bass!

The way she casts cracked me up.  She's all in!

I took a picture of my parents taking a selfie.  That is too cute...almost 50 years of marriage and more in love than ever...and sort of embracing technology.

After a picnic and some roasted marshmallows, we headed out.  We stopped at this beautiful area and took one more photo.  It was such a wonderful weekend!


1 comment:

Jupers said...

Wonderful memories and wonderful pics! You will just love these memories some day even more! Love ya!