Saturday, April 30, 2016

Marching and Retreating

Here's how our last two weekends went.  Last weekend, the whole family had a chance to walk in the parade with our Girl Scout Service Unit.  Everyone was pretty excited until we actually got there and they realized that A) they weren't going to get to watch the parade and B) People were going to be watching them.  Why neither of these things occurred to our children, I don't know, but either way we pretty much told them to suck it up because there was no turning back!  Elle actually really took to it and enjoyed passing out little cards encouraging people to buy the Girl Scout cookbooks to help raise money to fix the scout house.  We got to see friends along the way so that was pretty fun!
Here's all the girls from our area that showed up for the float.


I love this shot of Ava.  She's in the last month of being a Brownie and will bridge to a Junior at the end of May!

Here's how Levi did the parade...in style...on the shoulders of Shawn.

Elle doing her thing and with confidence!



This weekend, I went to our annual Ladies retreat and had a wonderful time.  I was in charge of the craft and was in my element.  I love how the craft turned out!  The only negative of the retreat was the fact that I had full blown insomnia and didn't sleep a single minute all night.  Not too fun.  Worth it for the time with my Christian sisters though!


Here's my finished craft!  There were six verses to pick from and 6-7 colors of paper to pick from so everyone's was different.  

While I was at the retreat this morning, Elle was competing in her first Solo and Ensemble contest with band.  She was required to play two different songs for a panel of judges and the scores range from 1-5 with 1 being best....she got a 1 on both songs!!! Super happy for her!

1 comment:

Jupers said...

Ya for the girls and everything they have accomplished! Miss you all!