Wednesday, August 08, 2018

This is 40

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.  My 40th birthday fell on Friday the 13th this year.  It was also the day everyone left camp, which I was actually glad about!  

Shawn snuck out of our room at camp before the sun came up and drove up to the cabin we were going to stay at, to fill up balloons and put up banners so that when I got there, it would all be decorated.  😍



After we got settled, we headed back into town and ate at a yummy taco place.  Then we headed to Walmart to get all the food we'd need for the next few days.

After dinner we celebrated with cupcakes, icecream and presents!


As the evening wore on, a wonderful thunderstorm rumbled and rain pattered on the tin roof of the porch.  It was perfect.  I grabbed a book I was reading and relaxed and thought to myself, "This was a perfect 40th birthday."  :)  Lots of exciting stuff is happening during this decade!

No comments: