Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dr. Appointment

I went to the dr. this morning. I talked to her long and hard about all the risks, benefits, and negative aspects of VBAC verses a scheduled C-section. She said she had read what my previous dr. wrote about the delivery of Elle and she was willing to try whatever I wanted to try, but that my chance of failure was very high according to my last delivery. Shawn and I looked at each other and he said "There's your answer." So, unless my body begins to show signs of imminent labor before the 39 week mark, we are going to schedule a C-section. It most likely would be done on Sept 12, but I am going to see if she will do it Sept 13yh, since my birthday is on a 13th. Tuesdays are her scheduled day to do C-sections and the 13th is a Wednesday so we'll see. I go back to her again on Monday so I will solidify plans then. I am pretty much at peace with the decision we made so now it's a fast countdown! By the way, for those that were at my shower, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me pics that you took at my shower. I am working on getting that scrapbook page done so if you have pictures send them via email. Talk to ya later!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ava will be here before we know it. I can't wait to meet her.

Lesley said...

Just don't have her on September 11th.

Lesley said...

Also my birthday is November 12 so I think you shave have her on the 12th.

Anonymous said...

Nice spost post English major Lesley.

Lesley said...

I was a journalism major, so I guess that explains it. I only teach English. It didn't look like that when I typed it, promise. Speaking of that, our marquee outside the school is saying "Back to shool night August 22."