This is the first time Shawn has left for a church activity that I haven't had someone here at least part of the time he was gone. It has gone quite well I suspose. Elle is really having cabin fever because her rough-housing partner in crime isn't here and I'm not too good at it. It's just too cold and the wind is blowing 90 mph here right now so outside just isn't an option. Ava has begun a daily ritual as of thursday. At around 3 or so in the afternoon she has an afternoon freak out session. For no apparent reason she flips out, screaming at the top of her lungs. Nothing fixes it and usually it's close to nap time. If I go in her room she gets real quiet and then the second I turn on her sound machine and/or turn off her light, she starts going berserk! It takes about 5 minutes of rocking and patting and singing to calm her down. I really think she's beginning to teethe and her gums are hurting. When Shawn gets back, I'll make a trip to the drug store for Ambosal (sp?). We almost never had a problem with Elle so I guess it was bound to happen. I'm not for sure that this is what it is, but it's my mommy instinct. Well, I have just gotten both of them to stop screaming, ones napping finally and the other is in her room dramatically sobbing off and on while cleaning it. I appreciate my husband much much much more after this weekend. I don't know what I'd do without him! He is so wonderful with the girls and gives me more of a break than I realized!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Absence makes the heart grow fonder and the body grow tired
This is the first time Shawn has left for a church activity that I haven't had someone here at least part of the time he was gone. It has gone quite well I suspose. Elle is really having cabin fever because her rough-housing partner in crime isn't here and I'm not too good at it. It's just too cold and the wind is blowing 90 mph here right now so outside just isn't an option. Ava has begun a daily ritual as of thursday. At around 3 or so in the afternoon she has an afternoon freak out session. For no apparent reason she flips out, screaming at the top of her lungs. Nothing fixes it and usually it's close to nap time. If I go in her room she gets real quiet and then the second I turn on her sound machine and/or turn off her light, she starts going berserk! It takes about 5 minutes of rocking and patting and singing to calm her down. I really think she's beginning to teethe and her gums are hurting. When Shawn gets back, I'll make a trip to the drug store for Ambosal (sp?). We almost never had a problem with Elle so I guess it was bound to happen. I'm not for sure that this is what it is, but it's my mommy instinct. Well, I have just gotten both of them to stop screaming, ones napping finally and the other is in her room dramatically sobbing off and on while cleaning it. I appreciate my husband much much much more after this weekend. I don't know what I'd do without him! He is so wonderful with the girls and gives me more of a break than I realized!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry but I think I told you there would be days like this! Love you. Mom
Emma, I can totally identify! It is hard when there's no backup (well, that's most of the time in my house.=) Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment