Jewel Jenkins, known to most people as Mammie, has finally gone home. She was 101 years old and every person she met was changed by her attitude. She is a woman that other women want to be as they get older. I only hope that the legacy I leave when I'm gone will be half as amazing as the one she left. She was my great grandmother, my mom's grandmother. Please pray for peace as my family mourns her lose and celebrates where she is now.

2 comments:
Our prayers are with you and your family. Judy, you are in our prayers.
Paul and Carolyn
Thanks Carolyn and Paul...It was a bitter sweet time as I was there when she passed and gave her a kiss and told her I loved her as she took her last breath. I will never forget that day and all the others that I had with her. She was the sweetest little thing even till the last breath. Yes she is in a much better place and with not pain or suffering like we have on earth. Take care and Emma I have several of Mammy's homemake dresses from decades past. Love, Mom
Post a Comment