Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Alfonzo

Yes, we met someone by that name yesterday. I didn't really think I would ever meet someone by that name. I remember Fonzie from Happy Days, but that's it. This Alfonzo, sold us a new mattress....yep, we finally did it. We went to Rockwall yesterday, found the exact mattress we wanted and bargained the guy down to 1/3 off the price of what it actually costs. We were so proud of ourselves. It is a VERY comfortable bed and has a 10 year full warranty. It should be here this weekend. It took us quite a while to find the bed, haggle over total price, set up credit (so that we get 12 months, no interest, no payments) and set up delivery time. Elle had the best time while we waited. No one else was in the store the whole time we were there so she got the run of the store. The funniest part of the whole process was at one point her and "Barbie" were playing tag and running after each other. All of the walls are mirrored so to a kid that can be a little confusing. Have you figured out where this is going??? So, "Barbie" is running after Elle and Elle stops about 1 foot from a wall and turns around to see if "Barbie" is still chasing her and then Elle turns back around a runs smack dab into the wall, face first. She ended up with a minor bloody nose and lots of tears. It was sad but funny. No broken nose and she was fine within 5 minutes. Anyway, we are counting down the minutes until we get this new bed. I am really hoping a lot of my back and neck problems go away as well as my headaches. I am also planning on having a garage sale this weekend. Wasn't going to do it for another week, but I got A LOT done today...way more than I expected so that's a go for this weekend. Hopefully we make lots of money to help pay for this mattress. We'll see...

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Congratulations on that new mattress! I have never bought a mattress before, but I can imagine there's a lot of pressure...how do you decide which mattress to choose if you can't sleep on all of them? I guess that's what the warranty is for, right?

erin said...

Good for you. Enjoy.

emma said...

This store gives you a 30 day in home trial and if you don't like it, you can exchange it for another of equal or greater value (of course), but I feel pretty confident in our choice. When buying a bed, there is one that you will lay on and then all the rest don't compare to it and that's how we knew what we liked. We couldn't find another (in any kind of decent price range) that we thought was as comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Poor Elle was having such a good time. Yeah! on the mattress. Now you will want to stay in bed all day. :)

Anonymous said...

i am sooo happy for you! the mattress has been a long time coming. happy sleeping. :)

Anonymous said...

Elle needs to come see Nana...I can be Elle and she can be Barbi! Ha