Friday, March 09, 2007
19 minutes...and counting
Our calling card has 19 minutes left on it. I went to add more minutes and they've started something new with in-state calling. If I make a long distance call in the state of TX, I will now be charged 5 minutes for every one minute I talk. That means that if I wanted to talk for 10 minutes, it will charge me 50 minutes. That's astronomical! It would be so so so expensive to keep minutes on that card. So, what that means is that you won't be hearing from me as much on the phone unless you call me. I'm not the best about calling anyway, but now for sure I won't be calling because we can't afford that. I can still use Shawn's cell phone on nights and weekends, but that doesn't help too much since sometimes I have something to say before nights or weekends.....you don't need to comment on that sentence, thank you very much. Just wanted to give you the heads up so you didn't think I was intentionally not calling just because I didn't want to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's crazy. I will have to check Mom's card. Thanks for the heads up.
That IS crazy...well anytime you need to say something to me call me and say heylesleyitsemmacallmeback and I'll call you because we have rollover and will never use up all of our minutes. By the way, I thought y'all had Cingular, so doesn't that mean you can call us for free?
Emma,
I don't know how $60 a month would compare to what you are spending on calling cards, but I have the "All Distance" feature with AT&T, which includes unlimited long distance, as well as some other features, and I can call anywhere in the US and talk as long as I want for that price.
I got this set up when I started working from home. Some months I have over 100 long distance calls, and some of them are 2 hours long, because I use my home phone for all my business calls with 3M, so, for me, the $60 a month is worth it.
I know my parents were paying for local phone service plus long distance service and they hardly made any long distance calls, and their phone bill was around $100 a month before I got the unlimited thing.
I also have Cingular cell and like Lesley I have rollover minutes I will never use, but cell phones are real unhandy when you are on a 2 hour conference call, so I use my land line on speaker phone.
Denise
Guess we need an internet web cam!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment