Today is our anniversary....8 years together! Sometimes it seems impossible that it's been 8 years. We are so excited and proud that we've made it to here. We are an anomaly in our generation . For our generation it's almost like dog years for marriage where every year you're married is more like 7 so really we've been married 56 years in Generation X years. Anyway, it was 8 years ago on a Saturday afternoon at Shiloh Road church of Christ at a little after 2 in the afternoon that we became husband and wife. Shawn was 22 years old and I was 20! That seems SO young now. This is a very special day for us. It definately hasn't always been a smooth straight road the whole way, but I really can't imagine traveling down it with anyone else.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Congratulations, Shawn and Emma. I am so proud of you. I love the pictures.
Hey Shawn, I'm liking the beard. Happy anniversary!
For those of us who haven't known you very long, how about a post sharing your "how we met and got married" story? Just a suggestion. Happy anniversary!
I like Erin' suggestion along with a look at us now picture. Congrat's! Eight years, two kids, and how many moves later? Thanks for being that shining example to generation X
I don't see any need for a look at us now pic...don't you think we look just the same as 8 years ago? ha ha ha! I will work on a how we met post soon. Thanks for the idea. Also it has been 5 moves (changes of addresses) since we married.
Good idea Erin! I think you should do that on your blog when your anniversary rolls around in a couple weeks.
Congratulations Kids. We love you!
Dad and Carolyn
OH YEAHH!!! Happy anniversary. I am totally self involved and forgot. Hey, remember how I cried uncontrollably on stage....more like sob boy than best man.
yes chad as I remember, as the ceremony was going on, I looked to my right at my sister who was bawling, and then to my left where my future brother-in-law was also bawling....made me a little nervous!
Post a Comment