Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Progression

Ava is really starting to learn a lot. Well, she's been soaking it up all along, but now she's starting to use what she's learned. She had been really babbling a lot in the past few weeks. Finally Saturday she started saying "Mamamamamama". I was excited because I knew that "Mama" wasn't far away and Monday she said it for the first time. Now she says it a lot. She usually says it when she's in her high chair waiting to be fed, or when I walk away and she starts crying. It is music to my ears. Maybe soon I'll catch her on video. She is also saying "Bye" and waves anytime someone comes up to us or turns away to leave. She understands quite a few commands now also. She knows what "no" means and will stop doing what she's doing if I say "No!" She's definitely all girl because when I say no, she usually starts crying...girls are so dramatic! She also knows what "Give Sissy a kissy" means. She will give all of us a kiss now and it is the sweetest thing ever! She's very gentle about it and afterwards she seems to know that she's done a good thing. :) She is in the beginning stages of crawling and this is new for us because Elle never wanted to even try it. Ava has a sissy though that's always out of reach and I think that's her incentive. Every time we try to change her diaper she rolls onto her tummy and starts pushing forward with her feet. It's almost like an army crawl where you use your elbows. We are excited about that. She has also found that rolling will get her to a toy she wants. She doesn't do it really often, but last night she did roll all over the living room floor at her leisure getting to different toys. She is doing wonderfully. The only thing she's not doing all too well is nursing. She is just so much more interested in what is going on, that I think having to lay there facing away from all the excitement is just too hard! Oh well, she's still gaining. She can also pick things up with her fingers now and put them in her mouth...most of the time. This is good and bad...good because she can feed herself some...bad, because that means I need to vacuum more often and baby proof everything which is impossible with all of Elle's toys. But, I have given Elle a lesson in what can make Ava choke and she seems like she will fall quite naturally into the little mama position and police everything Ava even gives a sideways glance to! Anyway, have a great Wednesday and enjoy the picture I took this morning. I think it's so cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's such a doll-baby. And she's just my favorite little munchkin, even throuh I don't get to see her oftern. Or hold her, because apparently seperation from you is a B-A-D thing....
Great picture, can't wait to see all of you Monday night.

Anonymous said...

Well, that would be often. Not oftern. Don't know where I was going with that!
Also, separation, not seperation. Wow, it's like Monday all over again. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute she is getting. I can see the wrinkled nose personality coming out! Just like her Mom and NaNa and Aunt Laura. We all wrinkle our nose when we smile! Funny! I just love babies!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

She is such a pretty baby. She will really start trying to keep up with Elle and Elle will be going "No, Ava." :) What fun. love you

Emily said...

That is a good thing about having an older one, they can be good little momma's. Riley is always making sure that Josey does not go down the steps in the garage and such.

Lesley said...

I love these updates, and the picture. We can't wait to see y'all in about a month and FINALLY meet little Ava! I'm sure Elle won't have a problem at all keeping Ava away from her toys. I think that's in the blood of older siblings.