To begin, Ava will turn 2 on Saturday. Being the horrible mother that I am, I'm missing her birthday (most likely---more on that in a minute.) Shawn and I are planning on heading to San Antonio tomorrow until Sunday night for a marriage seminar where we hope to become facilitators of a marriage class that we'll teach eventually. As most of you've heard though, Ike may change our plans. Depending on what happens tomorrow with the hurricane, we may not be headed to San Antonio. Regardless, we decided to celebrate Ava's birthday yesterday and give her a big special day since we most likely won't be here when she turns two. So that's the whole story. To have a quick rundown of how the day went we 1. ate donuts at our fav. donut place 2. went to the Children's Museum in Austin 3. Ate dinner and played games at Gattiland
4. Came home and ate cake and opened presents 5. rode on her new horsey which she has named "Milky."
What a wonderful two years we've had with our Ava. We love her to pieces and she brings so much joy to our home!!!
My favorite story from the day was when we woke her up from her nap. I had decorated the downstairs with her presents, streamers, table cover and balloons. When I carried her downstairs she said in the most excited and sweet voice, "Oh! Lookie! Balloons!!!" She had the biggest smile on her face and the sweetest part was that she ran up to Shawn and gave him a big hug and then ran up to me and did the same as if to say "Oh thank you so very very much for my balloons!" What a wonderful day and what great memories.















6 comments:
Happy birthday in advance Ava. Emma it sounds like she has really started talking in the past few months. Looking forward to seeing y'all in a couple weeks!
She is so stinking cute!!!
so sweet about her hugging you...i got a little tear in my eye. :) love little girls.
Happy birthday to sweet little Ava - we miss you all SO much! I hope we can come stay the night with y'all one more time before we move to who knows where? Love the pic with the humongoid bow on her head. And again, spectacular cake!
Got caught up since I can't see pics at work now...great set of pics and enjoyed them immensly! Love you all immensly! Are you excited about the Hurrican? YOu can come stay with me in Tyler!!!!Mom
You two sure make pretty babies!
Post a Comment