We have finally grown up...we made Thanksgiving dinner by ourselves!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Let's get obese!
We headed to Lubbock to celebrate obesity with Chad and Lesley this past week. It was a nice relaxing time and the weather we really "wintery." I was so hoping for snow, but I knew it was wishful thinking. Lesley and I made all the food and it was wonderful. The menu consisted of honey glazed ham, sweet potato casserole, homemade mac and cheese, broccoli and rice casserole, Mandarin orange salad, deviled eggs, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and sopapilla cheesecake. It all was wonderful...but after eating it for the third time we had had enough and headed to eat Mexican food. We got to see some of Shawn's family that we never see which was really enjoyable. We ate Krispie Kreme one morning. We watched a lot of geese and Shawn and Elle fed a few of them. We helped Chad with winterizing his garden...okay really we just pulled up tomato plants. We decorated the house for Christmas and put up the tree. We did the black friday shopping but not before 10:30. We watched a bunch of The Office episodes...awesome. We went to bed early every night. I almost finished a book. Elle climbed trees and played chase with Chad and Lesley. We ate a lot and just relaxed! What a great Thanksgiving!





This picture is hilarious and I think it captures the Thanksgiving Spirit perfectly...I'm naming it "Stuffed."



Holding baby Olivia....she is our 4th cousin on Shawn's side....it's Shawn's mom's cousin's daughter's baby....whew! After holding her for a while Elle declared that she gave us permission to have another baby as long as we called it Olivia! Thank you Elle for the permission.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah! After we left your house in June Riley told us that he only wanted a sister if it was named Elle! That is SO funny, our kiddos say the funniest things. And I love the pic of Ava with her hands in her pockets, it's so precious! And no luck on the job search so far, I'm trying to remind myself we still have 7 whole months. And we get quite tired of "thanksgiving food" too, we had popcorn at the movies for dinner that night. And at Christmas we usually eat homemade mexican!
Post a Comment